Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Quick fix

Morning! Here again with a baking post. Lastnight when I got home I knew I had to make something for the brownie closing, which is tonight. At first I was just going to make cookies but then I saw the Duncan Hines chocolate cake mix box (guilty as charged on account of using a boxed cake mix ... and icing). Anyway, I decided to make chocolate cupcakes because what kids don't love cupcakes? Not to mention the fact they are super quick and so easy. I also made chocolate chip cookies, which were originally supposed to be for the closing as well. That went down the drain when my brother ate half of the cookie dough and then my father put a huge dent in the cookies I baked. Oh well, 24 cupcakes should suffice. Anyway, I used both chocolate and vanilla icing because I didn't have enough vanilla for all of them. I then crushed up mini oreos and sprinkled them over each cupcake followed by a full mini oreo in the middle for good measure. For something so easy, I thought they looked (and smelled) great when all was said and done!

I don't have a recipe because I'm not going to repeat the boxed one. But here's a few candids of the finished product, yums!

g

No comments:

Post a Comment