Friday, June 18, 2010

PB & C Rice Krispie Squares

Happy weekend people! Friday's are the bomb, no question. Life has been pretty uneventful since my last post on Tuesday. I worked all week and just chilled afterwards. My life definitely isn't reality tv material ... that I'm thankful for. I'm totally psyched for this weekend though because it's supposed to be hot and sunny Saturday AND Sunday. I'm a total beach bum so this works out perfectly.

So, lastnight I decided to make Peanut Butter & Chocolate Rice Krispie Squares. They're one of my favourites. My Nan made them for my Mom when she was having company over last year and that was the first time I had them. Lets just say it was love at first bite (instead of sight. Get it?) So lame, I know. Anyway, I have been making them ever since because they're no bake - just gotta bring a couple ingredients to boil - and SO worth it.




Peanut Butter & Chocolate Rice Krispie Squares

3 cups Rice Krispies
1/2 cup finely chopped white chocolate
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
3/4 cup peanut butter
3 regular size solid chocolate bars

Combine Rice Krispies and white chocolate in bowl. Combine sugar and corn syrup in a saucepan. Put over heat and bring to a boil. Then mix in peanut butter until fully incorporated. Pour heated mixture over rice krispies and white chocolate, combine. Press into 8x8' pan.
Microwave chocolate bars until fully melted (microwave for short periods at a time to avoid burning!) Pour over squares and spread evenly. If you want, you can soften peanut butter in microwave and drizzle over chocolate as I did. Allow to cool in fridge. Take out about half hour before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment