Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Chocolate Chip Muffins

Good morning! Hope everyone's day is going good so far, as good as it can be at 9:30 am anyway. I made chocolate chip muffins after work lastnight. I'm slowly realizing that the majority of my posts have chocolate in them, but that can't be a bad thing right?

I found this recipe from a link on Foodgawker, aka one of my favourite food related websites. You can pretty much find a recipe for any of your cravings on here.
g
Another work day is here. No complaints though, I had a nine hour sleep so I should be doing alright. I'm super excited for this weekend though because one of my besties (Leigh) is finally coming home and it's her birthday weekend! Any ideas?


Chocolate Chip Muffins
2 cups flour
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tsps. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup melted and cooled butter
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 & 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
g
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Mix flour, sugars, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add butter, milk and vanilla and mix. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour wet mixture in. Once combined, lightly stir in chocolate chips and walnuts if you are adding them.
Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake for about 15 minutes - when a toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment