Sunday, June 27, 2010

Brownies

Hey there. I haven't posted in a few days but I have been baking. The other night I made chocolate brownies from my Nan's recipe book (the usual). They turned out pretty good. I just used the chocolate Duncan Hines icing to top them because it was late when they were finally cooled.

On another note, Happy 22nd birthday to one of my besties, Leigh! Love you, hope you had fun lastnight!



Chocolate Brownies

1 & 1/3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup butter
1 cup cocoa
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Cream butter, sugar and cocoa. Beat in eggs, one at a time then add vanilla. Mix in flour, baking powder, salt and walnuts until just combined. Pour into a greased 9x13' pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, do not over bake! When done, allow to cool and ice with chocolate frosting of choice. I also sprinkled walnut pieces on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment