Monday, July 5, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls

I'm back! I've kind of been neglecting the blog lately (not purposely of course), but I have been baking. Last week I made cinnamon rolls. I got the recipe from my Aunt Kathy. They always turn out, I've made them quite a few times now.

Onto other news, it's back to Monday again. The weekend was so sunny and nice though so it was a good one. Me and friends went to Kennington Cove - my favourite beach - for the day on Saturday and yesterday I lazed around my Nan and Grampie's pool. A lot of my family was home the past week so there was a lot of visiting, that kinda thing. It was fun though. Not fun, however, is getting back to the old grind today. Hopefully this weekend will come fast!


Cinnamon Rolls

2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tsps. baking powder
1/2 cup shortening
2/3 cup milk
1 egg
Cinnamon, butter and brown sugar to cover dough

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Mix dry ingredients then add shortening and blend well (until crumbly). In a separate bowl, mix milk and egg. Add to dry ingredients.
Put dough onto floured counter in a ball. Roll out to about 1/2 inch thick and more long than wide. Spread whole thing with butter, then sprinkle with brown sugar then cinnamon.
Roll up and cut. Place on lightly floured pan and bake for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment