Saturday, June 19, 2010

Chocolate Trifle

Hey! This morning I baked a couple of things for my Nanny. My Aunt and Uncle are home to visit so I thought I'd help her out a bit. One of the things I made was chocolate trifle. Yes people, layers of chocolate cake, pudding, cool whip & skor bits. Pure ecstasy? I know. It's simple to make. I made the cake lastnight in just a glass rectangular pan so it'd be cool for today and I also made the pudding so it'd be set for today. This morning all I had to do was assemble. The finished product looks good and tastes good, perfect combo.

I'll fill you in on my weekend on tomorrow's post. What else did I bake? You'll have to stay tuned! (Check out the skor bits on top. Not a recipe to skimp on ingredients people!)



Chocolate Trifle

1 package chocolate instant pudding
1 package vanilla instant pudding
4 cups cold milk
1 chocolate cake mix
1 large container Cool Whip
4 skor bars

The method is pretty straight forward. The night before (or at least a couple hours before) bake the cake mix according to box instructions. Also, prepare pudding. In a bowl, pour in milk and add the 2 packages of pudding. Beat for 2 minutes and leave to set in fridge.
To put trifle together, first cut up cake into small cubes. Layer trifle as follows: cake, pudding, cool whip, skor bits (have to mash the skor bars up - I put them in a plastic bag and used a rolling pin). Repeat to make two layers. It's best to prepare the trifle not long before serving or to put directly in fridge after making. Voila!



1 comment:

  1. I love chocolate trifle! I like the idea of adding Skor bars

    ReplyDelete