Tuesday, June 8, 2010

PB Cookies

Ok, so I made chocolate chip cookies again lastnight. It seems that lately I have been making them at a minimum of three times a week. It gets old, but they always taste delicious so I guess that makes up for the redundancy.

Anyway, I also decided to make peanut butter cookies. Normally I use the super simple recipe on the back of the Kraft jar or the one my Nan always used from the Purity cookbook (circa 1980's) but I decided to try a different one this time. I adapted this recipe from a post on Lovin' From the Oven. I was slightly disappointed with their appearance. They definitely didn't look as appetizing as the ones I normally make. But they did taste good, so that's all that matters I suppose.

Most importantly, CONGRATS to my best friend Amy who got accepted into the education program at Mt. St. Vincent!! Well deserved & so happy for you, XO.

Peanut Butter Cookies

1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 & 1/2 tsps. vanilla extract
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
tsp. baking powder
1 & 3/4 cups flour
2 eggs
Extra white sugar for coating
i
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream together butter, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and both sugars. Combine flour and baking powder in separate bowl. Add to wet mixture gradually, mixing between each addition. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
Roll mixture into balls of the same size and roll in white sugar to coat. Place on cookie sheet and press with fork if desired. Bake for approximately 10 minutes, depending on the size of the cookies.

2 comments:

  1. dear blogger-

    you seem much like myself! I'm also a 20-yr old blonde who bakes... I started last summer, and I've been experimenting, while making disasters and masterpieces, throughout this often unguided journey! I admire your blog.

    you may enjoy this recipe site, www.wegottaeat.com, where you can share your recipes and view the recipes of other members! many are experienced home-chefs and bakers who have a lot to offer in tips and advice, as well as passion! you can find me there on wegottaeat.com/lorrae to see how my recipes have progessed over this year... given, school time leaves me without a kitchen :p

    enjoy!

    -Lorrae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'm psyched my blog is starting to get seen. I'm glad you like it and I'll definitely check out the site. I look at food blogs and that kind of thing all the time! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete