Monday, May 31, 2010

Banana Bread

Hi again! Monday is back with a vengeance. I'm at work and it's quite possible I could fall asleep at my desk any minute. Oh well, that's what Mondays are for right? Anyway, I made banana bread last week and never got around to posting it so here it goes...

This recipe is also my Nan's. A few years ago she wrote up a little cookbook of some of her "famous" recipes and now the book is getting lots of use! Everyone I have used so far has turned out great, not surprising considering she ALWAYS has the best baking!
g
After I made it I couldn't get it out of the pan fast enough. It was devoured, and much liked might I add.
g

Banana Bread

2 cups flour
1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
tsp. baking soda
tsp. baking powder
Pinch of salt
tbsp. sour milk
1 cup crushed walnuts (optional)
3 smashed ripe bananas

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Cream softened butter and sugar then add eggs, one at a time. Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl and gradually add, stirring in between additions. Next, add sour milk (add a drop of vinegar to milk to sour it) and the smashed bananas. If adding walnuts, add at here too. I didn't have any at the house so mine was sans walnuts. Pour into ungreased bread pan and cook until golden brown, about 40 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear god !! ur makin me hungry send some with you Mom to Van...Just kidding. Looks like Moms baking skills rubbed off on you , she always said that when ever she was baking you loved to be right beside her standing in a chair helping her , so its destiny !

    ReplyDelete
  2. you were standing on the chair when you were a baby of course !!

    ReplyDelete