Monday, May 17, 2010

The safe choice

For my first baking post, chocolate chip cookies are the way to go. So easy and so yummy. I made this batch for my Dad, needless to say there are none left. There were four left when I took a picture and five minutes later my boyfriend managed to eat what was left.


Yum. No complaints here, maybe bigger next time. What do you think? I'm really not a huge fan of chocolate chip cookies, I'm a square girl. But these cookies are pretty awesome. Got the recipe from my elementary school's cook book they made as a fundraiser.


I know, I know. Everyone has a recipe for chocolate chip cookies already. But I might as well post it, because they all have their own tweaks.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
tsp. baking soda
Pinch of salt
Chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt the butter in bowl, add white and brown sugar. Once mixed, add egg and vanilla. Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl and gradually mix in with wet ingredients.
Spoon cookies onto baking sheet (makes about 20 cookies) and bake until golden brown. This only takes 10 minutes in my oven, so watch out!




No comments:

Post a Comment