Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Back at it

Sadly, the long weekend is over and I'm back to work (for a 4 day week, phew!) .. Anyway, I had a fun weekend. Friday night I attended a sleepover with my brownies which turned out to be not so bad. Saturday I went out with friends into the wee hours of the night and Sunday, a tid bit hungover, I went to Bras d'Or with my parents and we ate at the Cedar House - yum! Yesterday when I woke up it was like 24 degrees .. so PSYCHED! So, I went to Baddeck with two of my besties and we walked around and of course ate. It was an overall successful weekend.

Onto the baking part of my day. Lastnight I decided on spider cookies simply because I felt like eating them. It was kind of late when I decided on these so they were a wise choice if I was going to bed at a half decent hour.

Oh! Shoutout to my Nanny who celebrated her 70th birthday yesterday! Here's to many more!

Here's what my cookies looked like before they were put in cookie form. I definitely contemplated eating half the pot .. but didn't.


Here's the finished product. I made them using tablespoons so they were pretty big.


Spider Cookies

Bring to a boil:
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
tsp. vanilla
g
In separate bowl combine:
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup coconut
8 tbsps cocoa
Pinch of salt
h
Take pot off of stove once ingredients have begun to boil and pour in dry ingredients. Combine and spoon onto baking sheet with parchment paper. Allow to cool in fridge for a couple hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment