Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hello Dollies

Lastnight, I felt like baking. I wasn't sure what I was going to make but then I remembered that I had Eagle Brand milk in the cupboard and how yummy Hello Dollies were. So, my choice was made. I did have to run to the store to grab coconut since I used the little bag I had on my aero bar squares last week, but that allowed me to get snacks so I wasn't too put off.

These squares have always been a family favourite. My Granny makes them all the time and they never last a day. It could be because of my five uncles and aunt that have a ginormous appetite or possibly that there is always company at their house (including myself), either way, they're eaten. Fast.
g
I took the recipe right off the Eagle Brand website, but I switched out the pecans for walnut pieces, because that's what was in my cupboard. They turned out great. When my Dad got home lastnight, they were just coming out of the oven (piping hot, might I add) but he insisted that I cut them. After much bugging, I did. I had one and they are so good when hot. Needless to say, when I got up this morning, there were large chunks missing from the pan.
g
Life update: summer is going by WAY too fast. Last weekend was the race through time. Two of my uncles, Donald and Albert, and my Aunt Luciann ran the race. Congrats on a job well done! Also, it was so nice I got to sit pool/beach side all weekend long. Loves it. Get excited, I'm done work very soon (this week or next, not sure yet)!!

Hello Dollies
2 cups graham crumbs
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 can Eagle Brand milk
1 & 1/3 cups coconut
1 & 1/3 cups chocolate chips
1 & 1/3 cups walnut pieces

Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 if using a glass pan).
Combine graham crumbs and melted butter, press into 9x13' pan.
Pour Eagle Brand milk over graham crumb layer and spread evenly. Sprinkle coconut, chocolate chips and walnut pieces on top and press firmly.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until top of squares is slightly browned.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog- love the title! I am a young food blogger, just learning the ropes. Please visit my blog, www.pickyeatersolutions.blogspot.com and leave any tips or suggestions that have been helpful for you in your blog, it would mean a lot. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete