Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Aero Bar Squares

Happy hump day! It's Wednesday and so far so good. For a working day, it hasn't been half bad. I spent the morning on an un-chaperoned field trip for work and then had lunch with dessert, aero bar squares. I made these lastnight, and they're as good as I always remember they are. After last week's disappointment, I wanted to bake something I knew I would be satisfied with and this square fit the bill.
o
Life update: my uncle and his girlfriend are home from Alberta with their two girls, my cousins, since a couple of weeks ago. It has been great seeing them, but they go back friday. Boo. Anyway, because they were home, we chose last Friday to have a 40th Anniversary party for my grandparents. It was such a success! Lots of food, dancing, family & friends (and drinks). This weekend, my mom's side of the family is coming to my other grandparents. Psyched! I will update you on the happenings as they come.

Almost forgot! Congratulations to my cousin, Brett Hanham, for getting accepted into Mt. St. Vincent!!

Back to baking... here's a couple shots of the squares. Don't mind the messy cutting. I had to do it quickly before work this morning.





Aero Bar Squares
2 cups graham crumbs
2 cups coconut
1/4 cup butter
1 can Eagle Brand milk
4 Aero Bars
2 tsps. vegetable oil
o
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine graham crumbs and coconut. Add melted butter and combine until crumbly. Add Eagle Brand milk and combine until mixed well. Press into 8 inch square pan and bake for about 10 minutes.
For topping, melt 4 aero bars with oil using microwave. Pour over cooled bottom layer and spread evenly. Allow to set in fridge for at least three hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment