Thursday, August 5, 2010

Chocolate Oatmeal Almost Candy Bars

I'm back! I finally buckled down and bought my own digital camera! It's nothing fancy or anything but it does the trick. It is also convenient because it is dust/shock/water/freeze proof. And let me tell you, I'm the type of person that needs that kind of thing. Every camera I have had, I've managed to break in little time. So, here's to hoping this one rides out!

Anyway, back to the reason I'm posting... baking. I made Chocolate Oatmeal Almost Candy Bars. That's what they're called anyway. I got this recipe from Annie's Eats a while ago and finally made them.

To say the least, I was totally disappointed. These are probably my least favourite goodie I have baked thus far. They need something else, a caramel layer or something along those lines. And I also feel like the oatmeal crust on bottom is much too thick (so if you're going to make them I advise against using it all).

They weren't downright bad or anything, but I can't see myself making these again. Oh well, you live and learn. Or in my case, bake and learn. I'm not going to post the recipe as I believe it does not deserve posting. You can find it on the blog I found it on if you so wish. I do have a couple photos of them, so here it goes.

On another note, just wanted to say, so sorry for my lack of posting the month of July. Along with camera problems, almost everyday was a scorcher so I didn't feel like roasting just for the sake of some baking. I didn't give up though!


No comments:

Post a Comment